Sunday, February 8, 2009
Why I Worship
I was in church this morning wondering if there was anyone in the sanctuary that was looking around thinking, "These people call themselves Christians. No one even talked to me." I was thinking, what if I missed an opportunity to smile at or speak to someone who really needed it today? Would they leave the church hurt and thinking we were just putting on a front? Then, the Lord sweetly reminded me that's why I was there, b/c I needed Him and would never be able to meet the needs of everyone around me. That's His job. PHEW! What a relief! I just want people to see Jesus when they see me, but I can really mess that up sometimes. Thankfully, the Lord is gracious and patient and that's why I need Him so much! I've been doing some reading about worship and have had some great times in the Lord's presence. I'm learning that worship is a lifestyle and not just the times when I am singing songs. It's also the times when I choose not to yell at my kids, but to talk to them and teach them. It's how I treat the people I see at the grocery store. It's how I treat those closest to me and those I've never met. It's how my heart responds and changes as I know Him more. I'm definitely not perfect, but I do desire to learn to love like Jesus does. It's a beautiful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are an absolutely lovely Christian woman Alison. The Holy Spirit shines through you all the time. your family and community are blessed through your commitment to Christ.
Adamswifey said it best. I love your blog and it's so encouraging. Way better than Facebook :)
I trust the Lord will lead you to opportunities to engage when needed or not. I was next to a woman who was crying at church last week and just handed her a tissue and said a little prayer even though I wanted to hug her and somehow fix it. What a weird-o I would've been. Thank God for discernment.
Post a Comment