Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Confessions of a Mindless Mother
So, today was a pretty good day, all in all, minus a couple of minor incidents. Feel free to laugh (at) with me. The first one occured when Barrett and I pulled into the YMCA parking lot (the girls are at VBS). I'm in a hurry to get to cycle class, jump out of the car and grab Barrett. After being at the Y over 2 hours, I hear over the loud speaker, "There's a Chevy Venture that's running and has been for at least an hour!" I know this is my car! A lady in the motor gym offers to watch Barrett while I go check. Sure enough, the old Venture has been sitting in the parking lot with the keys in it, unlocked and running for over 2 hours! I can't believe no one drove off with it! Had just enough gas to get me to the nearest gas station. I guess I couldn't be bothered to turn the car off in my mad rush. I will confess that I've done this once before, but locked the car with the keys in while it was running. I was much younger when that happened! The other fun thing about today is that I ran to the grocery store all by myself. I wanted to make it quick so I could get home and help Steve put the kids to bed. I guess I was a little too quick b/c when I got home, I noticed I was missing a bag! Ugh! So, I had to make the trip back to the store to retrieve it. Seriously, where was my mind?? In too much of a hurry, I guess....Ah, well, something to give everyone a little giggle. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I've done both of those things before! We're too busy thinking about the important things like dinner, bedtime, and the overall state of the union to be bothered by trivial things like turning off cars! :-)
I have done this before, too. Left the car running with the doors locked while Dan and I ate dinner at a restaraunt. It is a little horrifying to come out & realize its been running the entire time! :)
Post a Comment