Monday, August 31, 2009

Not too bad








I finished the Go Girl Triathlon with success! I actually did better than I thought I would. I prayed lots before and during for God to give me the strength to persevere and to not compare myself with anyone else. It was me competing with me. I had a really great time. The swim was much less chaotic than last year as we got in one at a time in two second intervals. It was very calm. I actually had to look for other swimmers! My chain fell off twice on the bike, so that slowed me down a bit. It was OK, though. Good for keeping me humble and to help me keep things in perspective. I actually "ran" (slow jogged) the entire run, so that was an improvement from last time. I did not let that hill at the beginning get the best of me! Though, my time didn't improve much (that's how slow I was "running"), I felt good about it. All in all, it was a good test of my physical endurance level and that I had maintained it over the past year. Hopefully, with some training for the next one, I can improve even more! I plan to do at least one a year. Does that mean I can call myself a "triathlete?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock, Ali!! I'm so proud of you. Maybe one day I'll be in some sort of shape to join you. You inspire me!! Love, Marsha

Andrea Moberly said...

Amazing, Alison! Congrats on the finish :)

Julie Blair said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you - for many things, not just because youre in shape! Your strength, your endurance, your humbleness, your willingness to let God help when "you" can't do it alone. You're awesome!!!

Congrats again - Love, Julie

Bryan J Read, MSN, CRNA said...

You go Sis! Well done, you are most certainly a triathlete. Keep up the good work.

Nikki Keever said...

You bet you can call yourself a triathalete! I am! Good finish and great time for saying you didn't get much training in. NICE JOB. It's been a long week at our house and there's not much I wouldn't do to have another go at some hardcore exercise. It'd do me a world of good! See you in the water somewhere soon...or next year!

carol said...

You know I'm in next year. I want to do the Hilly 100 next year too :)