Friday, January 22, 2010
Crazy Night!
Last night turned out to be quite eventful around here. First, at the Y, Sarah was playing around and ended up with a bead up her nose! We thought we were going to have to go to the ER. As I was backing out of the garage, I gave my neighbor a quick call and she suggested we try to get it out ourselves first. So, I pulled back in, forgetting to close the garage door. (This little fact will come into play later.) We got the tweezers and put the kids' new headlights from Christmas to use. I was unsuccessful and pushed the bead further up her nose. Steve took a turn and was able to get it down far enough for her to blow it out. Nice. Then, we had dinner. :-) So, night continues, we go to bed. We are sleeping soundly. 12:45am. BANGING on the door and the doorbell is ringing! WHAT?? All of a sudden, I remember I left the garage door open! I run downstairs, see a cop car parked in front of our house, go to the garage and close the garage door. I don't open the front door or talk to the cop. I see him pull away, though. In hindsight, I can appreciate him wanting to make sure we were safe and had no issues waking us up so we could close it. I hope he didn't think I was rude for not talking to him. So, all is safe. However, for the next hour, AT LEAST, we lie awake thinking of all the scenarious. I make Steve walk through the house and turn all the lights on and check the garage. I'm just sure that someone is hiding in the garage waiting to attack. Too much TV, I know. I don't even watch those shows anymore! Every little sound I hear, freaks me out. I'm ready to bring all the kids into our room and lock us in until morning. The only thing that stopped my mind from coming up with all of these crazy thoughts was praying and repeating scripture to keep my mind focused on God's promises and that there is no need to be fearful. Finally, I fell asleep. Though, as soon as Steve left this morning, I thought, "What if they were waiting until he left!" He assured me he had checked all the closets and looked all through the house. I'm thankful it all worked out well, but I will definitely be double and triple-checking to make sure the garage door is closed before bed for awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment