Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

So, I was telling a friend this story, and she said it was "blog-worthy." Therefore, I'll blog it. :-) Some of you may or may not know that Carolyn is constantly talking about getting married, having a boyfriend, getting to kiss, etc. It's driving me crazy! I'm sure it's just a phase...isn't it?? Well, today, in the grocery store, she and Sarah were talking about their boyfriends and how "silly" they were. We were in the checkout line when Carolyn says something like, "Yeah, my boyfriend is a stinky butt, he hits me!" Sarah, "Yeah, mine, too." WHAT???? I say, "We definitely don't want boyfriends that hit us, so you better not keep that one." I think I'm using this as a teachable moment, right? Little did I know that cashier was listening to all of this! I think she thought we were crazy! I try and focus on the one time Carolyn said, when asked why she wanted to marry someone (it's a new someone everyday, depending on whom we've been with or seen), "Yeah, Mom, you're right. I should save my kiss for someone special!"

No comments: