Friday, May 16, 2008
The garden
The garden has been planted! My good friend, Angi, came over yesterday and pushed me into high gear to get our veggies and plants into the ground! It was lot of work, and it probably wouldn't have gotten done without her, but we got everything planted, except for a few flowers. It was really invigorating to be outside working and digging in the dirt. The girls got involved and helped plant some different seeds. It's a bit of an experiment in some parts, but that's part of the fun. I can't wait for the harvest! It's so wonderful walking outside to pick the veggies for dinner. Hopefully, we'll have a better crop this year than last. I'll have to admit, I'm much more into it this year being that I'm not pregnant and a bit more fit! It'll teach the girls alot about patience, too, as they want to pick everything the minute it starts to sprout. None of the flowers we've started inside have made it very far....They are just so amazed and filled with wonder when it comes to growing things. I'm sure there will be some many ways to teach them about God's patience and the way He grows and takes care of them, as well as the seeds that have been planted in the ground. Barrett just wants to eat the dirt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that story fills me with such JOY!!! What a blessing to have such awesome experiences with your kiddos! Who knows what they'll recall later on down the road, but I know they'll remember mom who spent lots of quality time with them and made such neat opportunities out of the little things! You've got me SUPER excited to garden with my little girl in a few years!!! ; )
Post a Comment