Saturday, May 17, 2008

Recycling Old Clothes

Do you live in Indy and have any old clothes that aren't even good enough to donate? Well, I had the opportunity to volunteer at a place called "Thrifty Threads" this afternoon. It's a used clothing store that raises money for the Julian Center for battered women. I found out something neat about what they do with clothes that aren't in good enough shape to sell. They still make use of them. They have a partnership with someone who buys those clothes,and then sells them overseas. They are then shredded and then made into new clothes! I think I have all that right. I have a really hard time throwing clothes away, even when they are no good anymore. Now, I don't have to, and the money goes to a good cause! I'm not sure if other thrift stores do the same thing, but if not, don't throw those clothes away! Take them to Thrifty Threads at 86th and Ditch. http://www.juliancenter.org/

No comments: