I've mentioned Tuesday's Miracle in a previous post. I haven't been for awhile, but today, Angi and I went to check it out. I am just amazed at the amount of food we get! Not to say that some of it isn't close to expiration, but I can use most of it by the date and I'm really not all that concerned about non-perishables expiring. Dairy, yes, so we'll use up all that fast! I just had to put together a list of all the EACH family got today-at least 300 of them, if not more! AMAZING! What's even more amazing is that this stuff used to be thrown away. We're helping the environment by not letting this go into the landfill and they are helping us with our grocery budget and to feed good, healthy stuff to our families! Win/Win! Care to estimate the cost in savings? Also, any ideas on what to do with "soft white winter wheat" would be appreciated!
Tuesday’s Miracle Food
Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey and Almond Flax cereal
Kashi TLC granola bar
(2) Organic Weetbix flakes and fiber cereal
Back to Nature Cinnamon Crunch whole grain cereal
(3) Organic saltine crackers
½ Gallon Farmer’s Creamery Organic skim milk
1 dozen brown organic eggs
Organic probiotic blueberry soymilk
1 tub Canoleo soft margarine (no hydrogenate oils or trans fatty acids)
2 lb. Brown Cow vanilla yogurt
2 Quarts free range chicken broth
GenSoy Smart Start white cheddar baked crackers
Garden of Eatin’ Brown Sugar and Cinnamon whole grain pita chips
Terra exotic vegetable chips (stripes and blues sea salt)
Chatham Village croutons
8 oz. organic garlic and parsley angel hair pasta
(4) Creamy Garlic and Lemon sandwich spread (not sure what I’ll do with this!)
Big bag of oats
(2) cans organic pumpkin pie mix
1 can Organic Lentil Soup
1 can Organic refried pinto beans
1 piece organic fruit leather (like a fruit roll-up)
Spelt breadsticks
1 bag white mini pita bread
1 bag soft white winter wheat (will have to figure out what to do with this)
1 bag brown rice
1 gluten free chocolate peanut butter candy bar
2 small bottles water
1 box Yogi decaf green tea
1 Farmer’s trail mix whole grain bar
1 box French Vanilla Uncle Sam Instant Oatmeal (whole wheat flakes and flaxseed) with Soymilk
1 package Ghiradelli baking chocolate
1 package black sesame and soy sauce rice crackers
5 comments:
it is INCREDIBLE! I will have to check it out with you guys sometime! :)
Was this in Franklin,Indiana? What time of day do they pass out foods?
Reveal yourself, "anonymous" and I'll answer your questions! :-)
PLease share your information with me on tuesday miracle.
so when is the next date? i live in columbus IN and would like to go get some.
Post a Comment