Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BUSTED!


Most of you know we don't really do Santa or the Easter Bunny. Well, we hadn't really taken a stance on the Tooth Fairy and we really didn't get much of a chance! Carolyn lost her top tooth this weekend. She kept talking about the Tooth Fairy and what she was going to get for her tooth. I'm pretty sure a phone was one of the requests! We ended up putting a quarter under her pillow (I know some of you think that's cheap, but hey, one quarter per tooth!) Last night she brings the quarter to me and says, "Did you give this to me?" Me: "Why?" Carolyn:"Because I want to know. Did you give this to me?" Me: "I thought you wanted to believe in the Tooth Fairy." Carolyn: "Mom, don't you lie to me! I want to know the truth! Did you give this to me?!" Me: "Yes." Carolyn: "OK. Now, I know the truth, but I'll pretend for Barrett!" Me: "Do you know why we don't teach you to believe in the tooth fairy or Santa, etc.?" "Why?" "Because you can't see them and you can't see Jesus, either. If we told you they were real and you found out they weren't, we'd hate for you to think the same thing about Jesus." Carolyn: "Mom, you know I believe Jesus is real!" Whew! She's not scarred and she'll probably still put her teeth under her pillow! :-) She might also be on her way to being an excellent lawyer!

1 comment:

Joshua and Megan said...

That's great that she's going to "pretend for Barrett!" And you're not cheap - I remember getting just a quarter per tooth too and that was plenty :)