Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Choosing to Listen

Today, I had my audition to become a real-live fitness instructor! I've been very excited about this new opportunity. However, last night, I could not sleep! I was so nervous and kept going over counting and cues in my head. I kept going over and over the routine I was going to do. I really felt the Lord speak peace to my heart and remind me that the people evaluating me wanted me to succeed and were not going to be there to find everything I did wrong. I had to choose to listen to that and not continue down the path of worrying about all the ways I could mess up. I also panicked when I realized I hadn't made my "cool down" CD, yet. I had the playlist created, but hadn't burned the CD. Again, the Lord reminded me that I had music on CD's that would work for this short 20 minute audition. It's so easy to stay in the negative and worry, even when God is whispering truth and peace into my heart. Thankfully, I finally fell asleep around 3:30am, Steve made my CD before he left for work and I got the job!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil 4:6-8

No comments: