Saturday, May 7, 2011

Charitable Judgment

It's something Steve often reminds me that I need to give to him. It basically means that if something is said or done that can be taken negatively or positively, assume the positive. I was reminded of this the other day while at the grocery store. I was checking out and had brought my own bags. Instead of bagging my groceries, the cashier set them on the counter. I started bagging them myself and began to think "what's up with customer service these days?" Then, I thought, perhaps she thinks I want to bag my own groceries! I did bring my own bags, so maybe I had a certain way to put them in there. Therefore, she was providing customer service to me. Whether this was true or not, it's what I chose to think and it turned the experience from being a negative one into a positive one. This is something I need God to remind me of constantly! Charitable Judgment. Perhaps that will be my phrase for the year.

No comments: