I went in to check on my little dears before heading to bed this evening and was thinking how peaceful they are when they are sleeping! I'm sure I'm not supposed to have that bear in Barrett's bed, but isn't that so sweet how he's got his arm around him? He was breathing, I checked! The day wasn't too crazy, but there are days when I want to pull my hair out and watching them sleep just brings me such peace. It helps me remember that all is well with my soul and that the Lord is watching over them, and me. Steve and I can't do this parenting thing alone, that's for sure! I read something the other day that I thought was profound-God is the perfect parent and He certainly doesn't have perfect kids! Wow! I hadn't really thought of that. I often have the prideful desire to be the best parent and to have the best kids, but God has been working on me lately showing me that my kids are not a reflection of me and my parenting skills, or lack thereof at times. He loves them even more than I do, and He is watching out for them and working on their little hearts every moment! Now, THAT brings me peace!
4 comments:
Alison,
they are so cute, they are growing up so fast. keep them little as long as you can. They have a long time to be adults and such a short time to be kids. Keep them close.
Love Grandma Kathie
Thanks for the reminder. I had decided yesterday to try and be a perfect parent...and I ended up really grumpy! I decided to accept my shortcomings around noon and I felt much better :)
I think your imperfections are perfect.
Love ya,
Bro
thanks for your honesty about "pride"...it's funny how we can let pride be in so many things that in inherently "good"..a great reminder for me as i read this am impacted about a certain life situation!
Post a Comment