Friday, July 25, 2008

Experience

I think of many things to blog about, and tonight, God asked me if I was going to blog about a particular experience I had. So, I figured I better do it! A few months ago, I was at a prayer service and ended up face down in prayer to God. When I tried to get up, I couldn't. I physically could not move my back hurt so much. Two women prayed over me and I was able to glide up off the floor-that's what it felt like! It was amazing! God had healed my back in that moment! Now, I haven't been completely free of back pain since then, but I have been able to do more things without much effort in getting up from them (like sit-ups or getting out of bed). So, tonight, at a night called "Revive" at Common Ground-an awesome night of praise and worship-I knew from the start that I would end up on the ground, face down again, praying. I hadn't tried that again since that night months ago. Needless to say, I was a little fearful of not being able to get back up. Well, the opportunity presented itself and I gave in to God's prompting to my prayer posture tonight. It was an act of faith to even try, for sure! When God told me to trust Him to get me up, I tried, and I was able to get up! It was an awesome feeling to really trust God's healing power and how He'd healed me. I'm sure I could tell more about this experience, but I just wanted to give God glory where He deserves it and He definitely deserves it in this case of healing my back and testing my faith again tonight! He is awesome and faithful.

No comments: