Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Humbled
So, today, as I'm getting frustrated with the girls for the way they acted in a store, Carolyn gives me a mini-sermon. It went something like this: "Mom, listen to me for a minute. I don't think you're listening to me." "Ok, I'm listening." "You know what you should do when you start to get angry? You should pray. You shouldn't talk to us like that, just like you don't want us to talk to you that way. God's promises are true and never fail. Even mommies and daddies should obey and listen to Him." Held accountable by a 4-year-old! I was completely humbled and convicted, apologized for raising my voice and told her she was right. She just kept going and I kept telling her, "You're right!" Sarah, in the background, is singing, "I'm gonna pray, Lord, so you can use me anytime and anyplace!" That did just happen to be the lyrics to the last song she heard, but still! I continue to be amazed at how God uses my children to teach me things about myself and about His character. I have to write this down b/c this isn't always the way things go when I get angry (which is pretty often, so please pray for me!)! There's typically lots of yelling and crying, so I want to praise God in these times when we actually allow Him to bring peace to the situation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's so amazing it brings tears to my eyes! it's funny how the holy spirit can flow through our children!! what an amazing God. and you realize that this example also makes God smile at the parent you are. raising your children in His footsteps. yeah!!!!
You look great. It is hard work finding balance, but you did it and have an overflow of the Spirit pouring out of your kids. Have them call me sometime...I could always use the encouragement. :) Go Alison.
Post a Comment