Thursday, September 24, 2009

Early Mornings

Barrett has learned how to climb out of his crib. This is not a good thing! Now, when he wakes up at 6am, he just climbs out of his crib and says, "Mommy, cereal." I guess it's better than screaming from his crib, "Mommy, poopy!" Thing is, I've been trying to get up b/w 6 and 6:15 to have my quiet time. I am a much better mom if I get up before my kids and have some time alone with the Lord and a cup of coffee. We typically have a "not out of your room before 7am" rule because the girls have always been early risers, as well. Well, you can't really make an almost 2-year-old understand that. So, I let him stay up and eat his cereal while I do my study. Sarah hears him, then she's up at 6:30, as well. I can't really tell her to go back to bed when he's up, now, can I? It wouldn't be so bad except for neither of them want to take naps, now, either! Sarah, I can deal with. Barrett NEEDS a nap, but won't stay in his crib for it. However, he does crash pretty hard at bedtime, so that's a good thing! We'll move him into a bed when we move. Carolyn still sleeps as long as she can-meaning 7:30 or so! Go figure why few people want to keep them overnight knowing how early they'll be up! :-) Oh, how I long for the time we can sleep in again on the weekends!

1 comment:

JP said...

It's fate that whatever you are (early riser/night owl) your child will be the opposite.

Just accept it and move on.