Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sprint Tri!




WE DID IT!! Woo Hoo! What an fun time we had yesterday at the Eagle Creek Sprint Triathlon. After 3 months of training, the day had finally come. I wouldn't say everything went smoothly, but we all finished successfully. I did panic the minute I got into the water and "forgot" how to swim for a minute-which was pretty scary! Thankfully, my dear friend, Carolyn was right there beside me reminding me to breathe and that I did, in fact, know how to swim. What a blessing she was throughout the entire race praying and encouraging at just the right times! We all were pretty close together through most of the race, until the run. I just could not get my legs to work on the hill that we started on. So, I run/walked most of that. I still feel really good about finishing strong and we're already planning next year's race! The end of the race was downhill, so it was easy to look good coming in! Thanks for all the support and prayers along the way. Our husbands were awesome, too. Supporting us through all the time with our training, right there with all the kids (8 altogether!) and still able to get some really great pictures of us. Thanks, Guys! Pictures to come!

6 comments:

The Croyts Chronicles said...

nice pics! I wish I could join you next time~what fun! we miss you guys~

megs92 said...

Aww, congrats! What a huge accomplishment! I'm really proud of you - great job! Wish we could've been there to cheer you on :)

Unknown said...

awesome!!! i'm so proud of you and all the hard work that went into preparing for your first tri!! are you up for more??? next summer when i'm more able bodied i'd love to do one with ya!

Unknown said...

YOU ROCK SISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you.

Marsha Stroup said...

Wow! I want to be like you when I grow up! Or should I say 'slim down!' :) You're incredible! A great testimony to perseverence!

adamswifey said...

whoa . . . i had no idea that you girls were so hardcore. how many miles was this? i am really very impressed.