Sunday, September 7, 2008

School



It's tough getting back into a routine-or even starting one for that matter! Both girls are in school-at different places. They started at the YMCA, but Carolyn ended up getting into a program called "Peer Friends" at one of the elementary schools in our township. She is integrated as a "typically-functioning pre-k kid" into a pre-school classroom that has children with different disabilities. She loves it! It's such a neat opportunity for her, especially since she really has no idea that there are even any differences. I'm hoping and praying this opportunity will help to develop the gift of compassion that I already see God has given her. She's even going to get to ride the bus (in a car seat, of course), which she could not be more thrilled about! My little girl's growing up! She'll be 5 at the end of the month!
Sarah is going to the YMCA three days a week and loves that, as well. Last week, she thought it would be a good idea to kick her teacher in the leg-just to let her know she was there! Smooth! When I asked her about it, she told me it didn't happen. However, when I walked into the kitchen, I heard her telling Carolyn all about it. She eventually did tell me about it and apologized to her teacher the next school day. Both girls are growing up so fast!
Barrett is right there along with them. He moved up from the nursery to the toddler room today at church since he's walking! Thankfully, Steve dropped him off, b/c for some reason, I just wasn't ready to move him up. Sniff, sniff....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beman partipated, and Paul is participating in this program. I, too, believe that is a wonderful way to start a child on his journey into the world of many different types of people... all that should be treated the same.
Your family is beautiful.

Unknown said...

again, another mothering pearl of yours i admire... getting your kids exposed to it all andising it as a growing experience! awesome!