Sunday, September 14, 2008
Under His Wing
Steve and I were able to take a quick road trip on Saturday to pick up my aunt and uncle's trampoline for the kids. WooHoo! We also got to visit both of my grandmothers, which was so special. They are both just so dear to me. They love seeing the kids, but it was nice to have some peaceful time with them, as well. :-) As we were leaving my grandma Wood's nursing home, Steve and I were touched by an elderly man. We walked into the common area, and there he sat. Hymnal open, singing his heart out to the Lord! He was singing, "Under His Wing." It was so precious! He had no cares or concerns about anyone but God hearing him. We just stood there and listened. It brought me to tears. I was able to share with the man what music to God's ears it was to hear him singing so unashamedly and that we were blessed by it, as well. He didn't think he sounded so great, but I assured him that the Lord thought it was beautiful and he just needed to continue to make a joyful noise to the Lord! I thank God for giving us this most beautiful ending to an already blessed afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for that sweet post.
Post a Comment