Wednesday, September 10, 2008
The Bus
I just put Carolyn on the school bus for the first time. Man, is that lady prompt! She comes at 7:23 on the dot! I got Carolyn up in what I thought was plenty of time to get ready and have breakfast. WRONG! Big mistake in not laying her clothes out last night! "Hmm...what am I going to wear today? No, not that one. Let me see...I'm not sure about that shirt, yet.....I like these pants, but I'm not going to wear them today." Argh!! Just pick something! Of course, the Lord blessed me with patience this morning, so there was no yelling, but there was strong encouragement to pick up the pace if she wanted to eat! She informed me there was no eating on the bus. Not sure how she knew that! I ask her what she wants for breakfast, so I can get it ready while she's getting dressed. "I'm not sure what I want, yet." Am I giving her too many choices?? :-) We're heading to the kitchen when Barrett wakes up. He's not so patient waiting to eat, so I need to feed him before I can feed her. At this point, 13 minutes to go. Needless to say, Carolyn ends up with a cereal bar. We head outside just as Miss Patty is pulling up! I realize I don't have the camera, but have no time, now. I guess tomorrow will be picture day. She climbs up on the bus like it's her job, sits in her seat and tells the man (can't remember his name) who apparently helps Miss Patty by putting the kids in their car seats, that it's her first time on the bus! She couldn't be more excited and acting like this was the most normal thing in the world. Then they just drive off with my baby! I'm really not all that emotional about it, maybe because she's gotten in cars with other people all her life. But still, it's a pretty big deal! It's almost like I'm sending her to kindergarten a year early! Now, we have a leisurely hour before Sarah has to leave for school, b/c she, of course, was ready in seconds in anticipation of watching Carolyn get on the bus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have been thinking abut your 'blog since I last saw it. Is there any chance we are from the same "strain" of Hanscoms. My dad, Howard Edmund Hanscom, was born in Indianapolis, and so was I. My grandparents were Ralph and Alpha Hanscom of Indianapolis. My understanding is our family was originally from the area which is now Maine, then one person, a cabinet maker, went to sea - he was a carpenter - and was thought to have been lost at sea. Sometime later, a carpenter with the name Hanscom showed up in what is now the Kentucky/Indiana area - the old "Northwest Territory"
This is, I promise, an honest inquiry and not a spam. Check me out here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1352446085
http://www.hanscomfamily.com/
how cute! what a monumental occasion!
that's pretty darn hilarious!! I got a great chuckle!
Post a Comment