Sunday, January 25, 2009
Random
It's been a crazy week for us. Very busy. Saturday was the first night we had dinner together as a family. It was OK, though. Some weeks are just like that. Thankfully, they are few and far between! Steve had an overnight business trip. I don't know how you ladies who have traveling husbands do it! I applaud you! :-) My mom came to join us for dinner Saturday, which was really nice. She and I were able to go out and see a musical called "Closer Than Ever" at Footlite Musical. My friend, Carrie, was in it. It was great and she was wonderful! We really enjoyed ourselves. It's been a long time since my mom and I have done something just the two of us, and it was really nice. Thanks for the impromptu visit, Mom! I am looking forward to my "retreat" of sorts this weekend while I am a small group leader at the Greek Intervarsity Conference in Indianapolis. I did this last year, and it was a wonderful experience. We finally got to doing some Christmas returns this week. Carolyn got a digital camera, that she loves and has been taking everywhere with her. She had gotten one for Christmas, but it took very dark pictures. So, we got her a different one. When we tried to download the software it came with to upload her pictures, it almost crashed our entire system! Bummer! Steve's going to see if he can figure it out. She'll be so disappointed if we have to take this one back, too. Sarah got a baby that makes baby sounds and that she can carry on her back or front in a carrier. She's loving taking her with us everywhere we go! We have a pretty hard and fast rule about taking toys with us anywhere, but as long as she wears her, I'm OK with it. I've been trying to put a video on here of Barrett talking, eating and laughing, but seem to be having some trouble. So, for now, I'll just leave you with a photo of him and his friend, Carson, having fun playing together tonight. It's nice to have someone his size (even though she'll be three in August!) and who speaks his language over for him to play with! It was a good reminder that I need to do it more often. He's talking so much and is so curious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The camera idea is great! It's fun to get a glimpse of how they see the world!
Post a Comment